Worst Wordle Ever

mrincredible said:

Metro is not an abbreviation in the context of the underground mass transit systems of Paris, Washington DC, and Montreal.

I gave Wordle credit for not using a proper noun.

DaveSchmidt said:

I had a very lucky first guess that should have gotten me to it with Guess 2, but I needed Guess 3. The upside: This aided my 3 vs. 5 solution catchup campaign. (In weaker moments I console myself by adding my two- and three-guess totals together. Still behind, I think.)

Wasn’t a fan of METRO, but trying to imagine what ridski’s wrong abbreviation was has given me a few minutes of entertainment. (INTRO? MICRO? ULTRA? PANTO!)

RETRO was the one I had on the last guess, but as it's classed as an adjective AND a prefix, I realize I was wrong for calling it an abbreviation.

Oof.

Second turn: _ A_ _ Y

Last turn: _ A _ _ Y

For one turn, WordleBot gave me 0 skill points for guessing HAPPY because it was a too-risky stab in the dark.

Given the unlikelihood that other guesses would have revealed the missing consonants, I’m pretty sure a stab in the dark was my only hope.

it feels like they used a word similar to this before.  I'm not sure what the stats were - wordlebot usually shows that 99% get the word through 6 - this one may have been in the 80s.  I got it in 6 - it's a lot of luck - even on my last guess I think I had a 1 in 4 chance 

DaveSchmidt said:

Oof.

Second turn: _ A_ _ Y

Last turn: _ A _ _ Y

For one turn, WordleBot gave me 0 skill points for guessing HAPPY because it was a too-risky stab in the dark.

Given the unlikelihood that other guesses would have revealed the missing consonants, I’m pretty sure a stab in the dark was my only hope.

I was close to getting in three. I wanted to use jazzy but went with mangy. Trust your instinct… 

I wrecked my 108 game win streak on BAGEL a few days ago.  I think I was eating one at the time, too.

I play on different devices and whenever I remember, so no streak, but today's was infuriating!

ridski said:

I play on different devices and whenever I remember, so no streak, but today's was infuriating!

today was the worst word yet. 

ml1 said:

ridski said:

today was the worst word yet. 

At least you got it. I had all but the first letter on the last 3 tries.

The dread Tetris Wordle hole.  Few have survived to relate the terrors and night sweats.

I don't recall one like this one today, if you know what I mean. Five. 

What's happening with the leaves next to people's names?

ridski said:

What's happening with the leaves next to people's names?

Click on it.

Spoilers, be damned. 

Help wanted.

ridski said:

At least you got it. I had all but the first letter on the last 3 tries.

I had to guess. There were still three possibilities left. 

I had 2 possibilities on my final guess - the other option would have been a word from a couple of day ago.

DaveSchmidt said:

Spoilers, be damned. 

Help wanted.

I guess it would be a hint to tell you that the word works in opposition to the strategy of trying to eliminate as many possibilities as you can with each attempt. 

I don't know how anyone could get it in less than five tries. 

jamie said:

I had 2 possibilities on my final guess - the other option would have been a word from a couple of day ago.

after 2 attempts, with 3 letters in the correct spots, there were still 13 possible solutions remaining for me. 

ml1 said:

DaveSchmidt said:

Spoilers, be damned.

Help wanted.

I guess it would be a hint to tell you that the word works in opposition to the strategy of trying to eliminate as many possibilities as you can with each attempt.

Heh, not what I meant. Perhaps I needn’t have worried about spoilers.

DaveSchmidt said:

ml1 said:

DaveSchmidt said:

Spoilers, be damned.

Help wanted.

Heh, not what I meant. Perhaps I needn’t have worried about spoilers.

I still don't know what you meant.

won't be the last time, I'm sure.

ml1 said:

I still don't know what you meant.

The right side of the screen made me laugh.

DaveSchmidt said:

Happy day.

I couldn’t get that excited about it. 

This one catered to my start word. Made it easy. 

I was lucky to get it at all. There were still 3 other possible solutions. 

ml1 said:

I was lucky to get it at all. There were still 3 other possible solutions. 

Yeah I didn't get it. Similar answers to yours.

Awful! So many bad word choices. And I think that the word is kind of slangy. I did solve it...

Agree with KarenMarlowe - got it, but not that happy, esp. given i started with "sunny" today.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!