The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

I think it was two days ago, the puzzle had beeline, offline, and online.  But they still don't take inline.

there are a couple of words today that I wasn't sure are real words, but I tried them anyway. There is also one omission of a word that I know exists but isn't included in the puzzle.

mjc said:

Fast start, but (terminally?) stuck at QB-1, oh well.

my last word was one that I really don't think is a dictionary word, but I got it because it shows up in SB once in a while.

jimmurphy said:

Nice, ml1!

QB-3 for me, so far. Will have to keep trying occasionally.

same here...happy for ml1 and hanging out with Jim at QB-3 

alha said:

sorry, Jim...just got QB and and hanging out with ml1 now  question

alha said:

alha said:

sorry, Jim...just got QB and and hanging out with ml1 now 
question

We can all hang out together. I am in the QB club too!  question

alha said:

sorry, Jim...just got QB and and hanging out with ml1 now 
question

Nice, QB-2 now, here.

ok, got it, shamelessly thanks to ml1.  Seems there are a few "words" like that they accept.

QB-1.  The one I just got is ridiculous.

And, QB! 

Shoulda gotten the last word earlier. I think it is the one ml1 referred to.

jimmurphy said:

And, QB! 

Shoulda gotten the last word earlier. I think it is the one ml1 referred to.

It was my last word as well.

yahooyahoo said:

I think it was two days ago, the puzzle had beeline, offline, and online.  But they still don't take inline.

Used “inline” years ago in a piece of writing. Learned the hard way it’s copyrighted, and capitalized, as in Inline Skating. Might still be?

just got QB question

some company, please...it's lonely here at the top  question

alha said:

just got QB
question

some company, please...it's lonely here at the top 
question

I have been away and not spending the time on the puzzle. I feel accomplished getting genius.

QB for me today, too. It's been a while since the last time.

I used the Buddy to get QB yesterday. And I felt like an idiot when the words I hadn't got were cheek and emcee. 

Got the QB today without hints for the first time in a few weeks. No esoteric words today. There was one that I wasn't certain was a legit word, but I tried and it is. Other than that pretty straight forward, so a good day to go for it. 

nicely done .... I got stuck at QB-3 and just couldn't see those last 3 words, all 3 of which turned out to be words I was familiar with.

I wasn't sure "nohow" was a word. Thought it might have been hyphenated or two words. But I guessed it anyway. 

alha said:

nicely done .... I got stuck at QB-3 and just couldn't see those last 3 words, all 3 of which turned out to be words I was familiar with.

I was the same. QB-3. Today, I am a loooong way off...

alha said:

The pangram came easily to me today, and I was able to get to Genius quickly..too quickly for my liking. My only complaint today is that there were so few words...I'm currently at 20 with 92 points...that I flew through the puzzle in no time. I prefer a puzzle with a greater word bank.

Been off the grid a bit, but just got QB today!

jimmurphy said:

Been off the grid a bit, but just got QB today!

got it today using the Buddy 

I usually don't get annoyed by words they  don't recognize (although they seem to be very happy with internet slang!) - but "anole" and "bankbook" are both recognizable words! Anoles were part of the third-grade NJ state science curriculum for years (don't know if they still are, but both of my kids volunteered to bring home the class anoles once that unit was finished - I still remember one of the little lizards jumping all over the bathtub as we tried to change its tank - I was afraid it would run into the faucet and get lost in our plumbing!!!!) But neither word is considered OK in today's game.

cody said:

I usually don't get annoyed by words they  don't recognize (although they seem to be very happy with internet slang!) - but "anole" and "bankbook" are both recognizable words! Anoles were part of the third-grade NJ state science curriculum for years (don't know if they still are, but both of my kids volunteered to bring home the class anoles once that unit was finished - I still remember one of the little lizards jumping all over the bathtub as we tried to change its tank - I was afraid it would run into the faucet and get lost in our plumbing!!!!) But neither word is considered OK in today's game.

Yesterday, they did not take "accordant." 

yahooyahoo said:

cody said:

Yesterday, they did not take "accordant." 

Yup. Didn’t like that. Thought I’d be alone…

got the QB today without hints. Had two words left, and the next to last revealed the last as well. I love when that happens grin

Just got to QB too. Pretty easily done today. I've been off my game lately.

only threw out a guess on one word today. all the others are pretty common words. Good day to go for it.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.