T**** is your 2024 Republican candidate - OWN IT!

And people dispute the claim that Trump despises his followers.

Yeah, he loves them all right, the way all con men love their marks.

Wouldn't churches buying Trump Bibles in large enough quantity—think one of those megachurches especially—endanger their tax-exempt status?

dave said:

Wouldn't churches buying Trump Bibles in large enough quantity—think one of those megachurches especially—endanger their tax-exempt status?

he’s not targeting churches, they already have their stash…. He’s targeting his followers… Jamie might be getting an email soon about buying one, maybe get a chance to have lunch with trump as a bonus.

marksierra said:

That quote was doctored to add the Bible reference and fit the meme. From coverage of Wise’s speech in The Christian Century, according to Snopes:

James Waterman Wise, Jr., in a recent address here before the liberal John Reed club said that Hearst and Coughlin are the two chief exponents of fascism in America. If fascism comes, he added, it will not be identified with any "shirt" movement, nor with an "insignia," but it will probably be "wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

Jaytee said:

dave said:

he’s not targeting churches, they already have their stash…. He’s targeting his followers… Jamie might be getting an email soon about buying one, maybe get a chance to have lunch with trump as a bonus.

It's a way to launder money and circumvent ELEC laws. Actually receiving the books wouldn't even be required if there's an off-the-books understanding.  Think like Trump would.  LIke a total crook. Trump wouldn't even have to charge sales tax because the churches would have an exemption. 100% into the sham LLC, which is a revokable trust that has DJT as the sole beneficiary. 

Does the photo looked retouched (or work done?), or have i only been seeing bad pix of T on my usual anti-T sites?

I remember how silly it was, on cartoons, when someone would put on a fake mustache and glasses. The over-the-topness of the disguise was the joke. Now I see Trump ostentatiously holding bibles and I realize, not everyone gets the joke.

dave said:

It's a way to launder money and circumvent ELEC laws. Actually receiving the books wouldn't even be required if there's an off-the-books understanding.  Think like Trump would.  LIke a total crook. Trump wouldn't even have to charge sales tax because the churches would have an exemption. 100% into the sham LLC, which is a revokable trust that has DJT as the sole beneficiary. 

The point is to sell the bibles to individuals, not churches. In general, churches buy hymnals and prayer books, people bring their own bibles. 

And the marketer is selling them directly, not stocking them in stores. 

The republicans are continuing their agenda of blocking every bill that favors border security and Ukrainian aid. How did we find ourselves in this situation , a really extraordinary situation, where we have an ex president dictating our foreign policy on behalf of a foreign dictator?  

If that doesn’t make you want to just vote straight line up and down blue in November then there’s no hope for you.

It is a cult, isn’t it?

what is that supposed to even mean?

drummerboy said:

one thing that comes to mind for me is… “total eclipse of the fart “…

But to the house judiciary committee it might mean he’s all powerful. Lunacy.

Jaytee said:

drummerboy said:

one thing that comes to mind for me is… “total eclipse of the fart “…

But to the house judiciary committee it might mean he’s all powerful. Lunacy.

I've kind of given up trying to figure out their inanities. Their jihad over Taylor Swift was their jump the shark moment for me.

The objective is just to clutter social media so actual issues posts can't find breathing room. 

From 'The Age' - one of my local newspapers.

Just thinking about ages, behaviour, mannerisms etc…. A couple of days ago I read this article (I’m sure you read or saw similar), and was startled that Mark Hammill is 72. 
https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/03/mark-hamill-joe-biden-hollywood  There’s another good one in France 24, and other international media. 

Just 10 years younger than Joe Biden. And just a coupla years younger than the candidate sitting in court rooms and featuring in daily news bulletins and satirical late nights programs. 

Gosh. Kinda throws adult behaviour into sharp perspective, doesn’t it??

joanne said:

Just thinking about ages, behaviour, mannerisms etc…. A couple of days ago I read this article (I’m sure you read or saw similar), and was startled that Mark Hammill is 72. 
https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/03/mark-hamill-joe-biden-hollywood  There’s another good one in France 24, and other international media. 

Just 10 years younger than Joe Biden. And just a coupla years younger than the candidate sitting in court rooms and featuring in daily news bulletins and satirical late nights programs. 

This guy is one year younger than Biden and 3 years older than Trump and doing a 16 city tour of the US and Canada over the next couple of months.

ridski said:

This guy is one year younger than Biden and 3 years older than Trump and doing a 16 city tour of the US and Canada over the next couple of months.

I think Keith would be a better option…considering trump said he never drank alcohol or smoked in his life.

ridski said:

joanne said:

Ringo is older than all of them and he's also out on tour. We saw him two years ago when he was "only" 81. No joke, he literally sprinted on stage. And two hours later after singing and playing drums, he ended the last song as he did jumping jacks. 

holy cow

and fwiw, the reason Biden doesn't sprint around the White House is because he has spinal arthritis. It's unfair to the extreme that our pundits don't mention this constantly, because people point to his shuffling gait as proof he's too old to be president. But his gait is a result of his arthritis which AFAIK is not a condition that disqualifies someone from being POTUS.

ml1 said:

and fwiw, the reason Biden doesn't sprint around the White House is because he has spinal arthritis. It's unfair to the extreme that our pundits don't mention this constantly, because people point to his shuffling gait as proof he's too old to be president. But his gait is a result of his arthritis which AFAIK is not a condition that disqualifies someone from being POTUS.

I didn't find out about the arthritis until last week. Seems like SOMEONE should have mentioned it before.

I just searched the NYT for biden "spinal arthritis". 3 articles showed up, and two were about his last two physicals. I don't know when he was diagnosed or when it was made public, but it was at least known since his Feb. 2023 physical.

Now, how many articles have they published about his age since then that never mentioned this? 

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

I didn't find out about the arthritis until last week. Seems like SOMEONE should have mentioned it before.

I just searched the NYT for biden "spinal arthritis". 3 articles showed up, and two were about his last two physicals. I don't know when he was diagnosed or when it was made public, but it was at least known since his Feb. 2023 physical.

Now, how many articles have they published about his age since then that never mentioned this? 

I suppose a lot of pundits think it makes them seem "biased" if they explain anything in a way that will benefit Biden.

Re the arthritis: while so many people tend to think of it as an illness of advanced age, modern medicine knows it’s not. Further, many, many people with long covid have rheumatoid arthritis and other joint pains:

https://magazine.medlineplus.gov/article/the-long-haul-when-covid-19-symptoms-dont-go-away  (My poor sister has days she can barely walk)

And anyway, you’ve had Presidents with disabilities before (hearing loss, mobility issues etc) so the arthritis isn’t a reason to not vote for him. 
(I suspect the reported advanced bowel and bladder control issues of the other candidate may make future diplomatic functions awkward)

Coming to a theater near you this summer.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!