T**** is your 2024 Republican candidate - OWN IT!

trump on a rant today on his “truth social”….

“OUR CITIES ARE BEING DESTROYED BY THE INVASION OF ILLEGAL MIGRANTS POURING INTO OUR COUNTRY," Captain Caps Lock wrote. "THE USA HAS BECOME A LAUGHING STOCK FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. WE DON'T HAVE A PRESIDENT, WE HAVE A CLOWN!!!"

joanne said:

WW2???  Does he actually hear himself as he speaks??
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-17/donald-trump-world-war-ii-joe-biden-age-2024-election/102866974

“He's now in charge with dealing with Russia and possible nuclear war … just think of it, we would be in World War II."

"I'll tell you what … you take a look at Obama and you look at some of the things that he's done, this is the same thing, the country was very divided and we did with Obama, we won an election they said that couldn't be won."

And our cult member here thinks Biden is not cognitively qualified… this is the insanity we have to deal with in this bloody country. Unbelievable.

Why does the GOP waste time with primary debates?  Maybe waiting until T**** is disqualified from enough states to make him UN-electable?

Sigh. I guess you can tell I can’t sleep tonight. 
Just read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/30/donald-trump-california-speech-robbers-shot
Mr Trump really said that store robbers should be shot on site??!!  I’m just aghast. Here, you’re thrown in jail for egging a politician. And he wants open gunfire in shops??

joanne said:

Sigh. I guess you can tell I can’t sleep tonight. 
Just read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/30/donald-trump-california-speech-robbers-shot
Mr Trump really said that store robbers should be shot on site??!!  I’m just aghast. Here, you’re thrown in jail for egging a politician. And he wants open gunfire in shops??

he’s actually whispering to his cult members to start using their stockpiles of weapons…

Again - THIS IS your Republican nominee:

Again - Donny is the chosen ONE!

Watching Elise Stefanik on MTP - I think she's a pretty strong contender for VP/

jamie said:

Again - Donny is the chosen ONE!

Watching Elise Stefanik on MTP - I think she's a pretty strong contender for VP/

Kristen Welker did a terrible job with Stefanik in that interview.  Stefanik made a lots of BS claims and Welker barely pushed back.

yahooyahoo said:

Kristen Welker did a terrible job with Stefanik in that interview.  Stefanik made a lots of BS claims and Welker barely pushed back.

She tried to push back - but came up with weak counter arguments.  Stefanik even had a decent comeback for "poisoning the blood of America" by equating it with Fentanyl.  At the same time - applauding how strong the GOP is about antisemitism.  The talking points are strong (among their base) and they usually only hit with one or two.  Whereas Donny has 91 indictments - so talking points are spread thin and lose their impact.

jamie said:

Noted, but this is the same guy we saw in 2016 and 2020, and every year in between and since. I don't think there's any novelty or shock value left, or any on-the-fence voters who would see this (fairly innocuous, by Trump standards) clip and decide he's not fit to be president.

The Democrats' re-election plan needs to be more than just can-you-believe-this-guy. 

Smedley said:

jamie said:

Noted, but this is the same guy we saw in 2016 and 2020, and every year in between and since. I don't think there's any novelty or shock value left, or any on-the-fence voters who would see this (fairly innocuous, by Trump standards) clip and decide he's not fit to be president.

The Democrats' re-election plan needs to be more than just can-you-believe-this-guy. 

Yep.  That was true as well in 2016 when the Democrats ran a tone-deaf campaign. 

Just bizarre how people are buying into this narcissistic con man.  Just look at a recent rally speech:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-election-campaign-rally-in-sioux-center-iowa-transcript

Here's part of his excuse for losing the last election - Covid of course:

The day before that happened, I had John McLaughlin, the great pollster. He was in my office with some other pollsters, and they said, “Sir, I’ll be honest with you. You can’t lose. This is the greatest poll numbers I’ve ever seen.” 

We were a couple of years, two and a half years in, and they said, “You can’t lose. If George Washington came back from the dead and Lincoln came back and they teamed up as president and vice president, sir, you’d beat them by a lot.” I said, “That sounds good.” The next day, I go into the Oval Office. They say, “Sir, there’s a problem in China. There are a lot of people dying in Wuhan.” 

-------------------------------------------

Important side note:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

And of course he's still believes this: I got indicted because I said we had a rigged election, and it turned out I was right. It was rigged much worse than anybody thought. But unlike every other candidate in this race with me, you know in your heart that I will always put America first.

Anyone know what he's talking about?

His thoughts on immigration:

Part of the reason they want them to come in is, in my opinion, because, look, they’re not stupid. Anybody that can cheat on an election like that is not stupid because they’re professionals at cheating. But anybody that can cheat like that, they’re not stupid people. So there’s two things and then a third. Number one, they’re stupid. Number two, they hate our country. And number three, they want those people to vote. And that’s a bad one. That’s the one that scares us most.

I’m telling you, they’re signing people. That’s what they’re doing. I believe now that that’s why they’re allowing these people to come in. People that don’t speak our language, they’re signing them up to vote. I believe that’s why you’re having millions of people pour into our country, and it could very well affect the next election. I believe that’s why they’re doing it, because they know what they’re doing.

People are buying Trump's shtick.  What are Democrats and Independents that don't want Trump going to do about it.  Calling his supporters idiots or variant thereof is not part of the solution.

I think a major symptom of the trouble we are in is that the Democrats evidently have nobody waiting in the wings.

Yep. And my guess is there won't be general election debates this year, and it won't be because Trump is unwilling.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-debates-2024-18cca2f0d3675e18b8555398b02ebaba

modern day debates are less than useless, and even less so when Shouty McShoutface is a part of them.

we're better off without them.

tjohn said:

People are buying Trump's shtick.  What are Democrats and Independents that don't want Trump going to do about it.  Calling his supporters idiots or variant thereof is not part of the solution.

I think a major symptom of the trouble we are in is that the Democrats evidently have nobody waiting in the wings.

The trouble is T**** repeats hourly that he is their savior - President Biden is the most corrupt president in history.  Arrested insurrectionists are hostages.  Border is open - inflation is rampant and food cost 10 times what it used to.

So, how do you counter a lying con man is the question?  I still have a feeling that we have a big silent majority that will step up on election day.  We out performed predictions in the past 2 election cycles.

Another factor that may help will be important questions on the ballots - like protecting abortion rights.

jamie said:

tjohn said:

The trouble is T**** repeats hourly that he is their savior - President Biden is the most corrupt president in history.  Arrested insurrectionists are hostages.  Border is open - inflation is rampant and food cost 10 times what it used to.

So, how do you counter a lying con man is the question?  I still have a feeling that we have a big silent majority that will step up on election day.  We out performed predictions in the past 2 election cycles.

Another factor that may help will be important questions on the ballots - like protecting abortion rights.

Well, if Biden had command of the language like, say, Winston Churchill, or even close, he could filet Trump.

tjohn said:

Well, if Biden had command of the language like, say, Winston Churchill, or even close, he could filet Trump.

Obama would have definitely…I miss Barack. 

drummerboy said:

modern day debates are less than useless, and even less so when Shouty McShoutface is a part of them.

we're better off without them.

Well I for one would like to see someone blast Trump seven ways to Sunday. And not just for my own entertainment - I think it could sway people in the 2% or whatever sliver of the electorate is undecided.

But if Biden's the nominee, it would be best to not debate. Dems will have to make some lame excuses and cross fingers.   

tjohn said:

Hillary Clinton did quite well in the debates and we know how that turned out.

It's virtually impossible to effectively counter a firehose of bull **** and craziness in a debate format. 

It would be great if someone could go toe to toe with TFG and cause the scales to fall from the eyes of the unseeing undecided voters. But it's really not likely. Or maybe not even possible.

I find it a bit amazing that anyone thinks that Trump can somehow be "beaten" on a debate stage.

Have you all been asleep for the last 8 years?

I mean, WTAF?

and how do you debate a guy who's saying the kind of stuff Trump is saying. Probably best to just keep reminding people.

To underline his case most forcefully, Mr. Biden didn’t need to use his own words. He could rely on the words of his opponent: revenge, retribution, fight like hell, terminate the Constitution, suckers and losers, vermin, poisoning the blood of our country, dictator on Day 1, American carnage. There is no subtext here; it’s all text. As Mr. Biden put it, “We all know who Donald Trump is.”

And yet, apparently, we need to keep reminding ourselves. Otherwise, we fall into the trap of normalization that Mr. Trump laid from the start. Eight years after he railed about Mexican rapists, he has inured large swathes of the American electorate to his extremism. Today he can call for the execution of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, or tell the Biden administration to “rot in hell,” or promote a video claiming he is literally a gift from God, and it gets less attention in both mainstream and social media than Mr. Biden tripping over a sandbag.

If the blood of the country is being poisoned, this is how.

What if Joe Biden Is Actually Right About 2024?

ml1 said:

tjohn said:

It's virtually impossible to effectively counter a firehose of bull **** and craziness in a debate format. 

It would be great if someone could go toe to toe with TFG and cause the scales to fall from the eyes of the unseeing undecided voters. But it's really not likely. Or maybe not even possible.

it’s true you can’t effectively counter a firehouse of bs in a debate, but you don’t need to. Go in with a few key points — say, the big lie, the broken promises of his presidency, and some of the legal stuff - and hammer away. Get in a good zinger or two that gets played and replayed on cable news, and you’re golden. You can’t tell me that wouldn’t sway even just a few swing voters in swing states, which could be the difference in a close election.  

Another unfortunate aspect of Biden declining to debate is that it will highlight the #1 concern of voters which is that he’s too old. And don’t think trump won’t hammer that which gives him control of the narrative.

Smedley said:

ml1 said:

tjohn said:

it’s true you can’t effectively counter a firehouse of bs in a debate, but you don’t need to. Go in with a few key points — say, the big lie, the broken promises of his presidency, and some of the legal stuff - and hammer away. Get in a good zinger or two that gets played and replayed on cable news, and you’re golden. You can’t tell me that wouldn’t sway even just a few swing voters in swing states, which could be the difference in a close election.  

Another unfortunate aspect of Biden declining to debate is that it will highlight the #1 concern of voters which is that he’s too old. And don’t think trump won’t hammer that which gives him control of the narrative.

you're assuming

1. that enough swing voters to make a difference will actually watch the debate. ignoring that they are, by definition and actions, uninvolved in politics.

2. that there is something that can be said at this late date, after 8 years of endless coverage of Trump's words and behaviors, that will turn on a light bulb in people's heads and turn them against him. I mean, if these voters haven't figured out the difference between Trump and Biden by now they're kind of lost.

both assumptions simply ignore reality

drummerboy said:

Smedley said:

ml1 said:

tjohn said:

you're assuming

1. that enough swing voters to make a difference will actually watch the debate. ignoring that they are, by definition and actions, uninvolved in politics.

2. that there is something that can be said at this late date, after 8 years of endless coverage of Trump's words and behaviors, that will turn on a light bulb in people's heads and turn them against him.

both assumptions simply ignore reality

both your points make little/no sense

1. You’ve made your odd antipathy for swing voters very clear but saying that “they are, by definition and actions, uninvolved in politics” has zero basis in reality and zero relevance to what we’re talking about.

2. Yes even after 8 years of trump overload in the news, there are still undecided people, and many of these people will be voting (deciding) on Election Day. So why couldn’t a debate make them decide as much as any other reason between now and then. By your logic, undecideds would stay undecided and not vote.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.