RFK Jr. For President?

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

It is incredible that he picked the person who footed 7 million to play this during the superbowl:

An ad that he actually had to APOLOGIZE for!  Talk about out of touch.  

Maybe there's something behind this pick that I don't know about - I'm sure nan can enlighten us as to why she completes this alternate ticket.

well, she appears to be as much of a medical whacko as him.

I don't think he's a medical whacko -- but why do you think I am?  Where have I even discussed my views on "medical?"  

dave said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

PVW said:

mjc said:

nan re: Bernie: "I have a soft spot for Bernie but I’m disappointed in the way he rolled over for the Democrats after they screwed him twice."

Seems to me he has a clear understanding of what the (only real) alternative is. 

I have a soft spot for him, too - he keeps important goals in the public discussion.

The contrast of Sanders with Kennedy illustrates what I mean by calling Kennedy a fake. I wasn't a Sanders supporter, but I never accused him of being a fake. His presidential runs had a real base within the party, and when he did not get the nomination, he didn't throw that away -- he supported the nominee and brought his supporters along. As a result, he's moved the party closer to his own positions in several ways. That's real change.

well, some people are just impatient and against an incrementalist approach to change. When told that the current incarnation of the Democratic party is probably the most liberal in history they'll just laugh and scoff at the idea. They discount or simply ignore what the Biden administration has actually done "for the people" by complaining that it's not enough and why didn't he do this thing or that thing too.

They need to grow up.

Yes, I think "incrementalism" is just another way of brain-washing ordinary people into thinking they can't have nice things.  There is no incrementalism with funding war.  No one says "we can't afford that" as they all vote to send billions off to Ukraine, Syria and many, many more.   

Do you think supporting a candidate who is backed by the same PAC that backed Alex Jones is a form of having your brain washed? Or just conditioned? And yes,  I like shampoo analogies.

I have not decided who I am voting for yet.  I am just pointing out that RFK, Jr. warts and all (even Alex Jones warts) is better than Biden or Trump.  That's how bad they are.  

I guess I could ask you if supporting a candidate who is senile and backs brutal neverending wars is a form of having your brain washed.  Or just conditioned?

nan said:

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

Maybe there's something behind this pick that I don't know about - I'm sure nan can enlighten us as to why she completes this alternate ticket.

I don't think he's a medical whacko -- but why do you think I am? Where have I even discussed my views on "medical?"

Come on, nan. “She” is Shanahan.

DaveSchmidt said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

Maybe there's something behind this pick that I don't know about - I'm sure nan can enlighten us as to why she completes this alternate ticket.

I don't think he's a medical whacko -- but why do you think I am? Where have I even discussed my views on "medical?"

Come on, nan. “She” is Shanahan.

Oh, I see, well that's a relief.  I guess.  Anyway, I don't have a problem with these people questioning the science behind drugs and drug testing.  They are trying to hold big business accountable.  Drug companies are about profit and they need close supervision.  Some more checks and balances. At least they are focused on making life better for ordinary people.  

Jaytee said:

Nan would vote for Kennedy just because the democrats screwed him over and he woke up…

No, I would vote for Kennedy because he has a better platform than Biden/Trump and he's not senile. That the Democrats screwed him over should make you question the state of Democracy but I'm guessing you would vote blue no matter who.  

tjohn said:

nan said:

I think he would get all the records related to his father and uncle released so we could finally openly talk about what happened there--then perhaps put some clamps on the related agencies.  

Is something preventing you from talking about what happened there?

Yes, I'm trying to stay on thread topic. 

nan said:

tjohn said:

nan said:

I think he would get all the records related to his father and uncle released so we could finally openly talk about what happened there--then perhaps put some clamps on the related agencies.  

Is something preventing you from talking about what happened there?

Yes, I'm trying to stay on thread topic. 

But you brought it up. 

nan said:

drummerboy said:

jamie said:

It is incredible that he picked the person who footed 7 million to play this during the superbowl:

An ad that he actually had to APOLOGIZE for!  Talk about out of touch.  

Maybe there's something behind this pick that I don't know about - I'm sure nan can enlighten us as to why she completes this alternate ticket.

I don't think he's a medical whacko -- but why do you think I am?  Where have I even discussed my views on "medical?"  

Did I say you were a medical whacko? don't think so.

nan said:

Jaytee said:

Nan would vote for Kennedy just because the democrats screwed him over and he woke up…

No, I would vote for Kennedy because he has a better platform than Biden/Trump and he's not senile. That the Democrats screwed him over should make you question the state of Democracy but I'm guessing you would vote blue no matter who.  

how have you determined that Biden is senile?

I might have to re-consider my medical whacko designation.

nan said:

is there a rational alternative to voting blue no matter who?

nope.

A vote for Kennedy is a vote for trump, but you won’t vote for trump because he’s senile just like Biden is…

I still think they performed the lobotomy on the wrong Kennedy…

I think this is relevant to this discussion.

Solar eclipse 2024 wasn’t the end of drama: The biggest astrological event comes later this month (yahoo.com)

In brief:

It ain’t over, folks.

While much fanfare has been made about the emotional effects/havoc of Monday’s total solar eclipse and the communication breakdown of Mercury retrograde in Aries, the best/worst is yet to come.

On April 20, Uranus — the planet of chaos, freedom, change and lightning — will meet up with Jupiter, the planet of expansion and growth in the stalwart, landlocked sign of Taurus.

And crypto, too. 

nohero said:

And crypto, too. 

Still less chance of nuclear war than the other two.   And he's thinking about regular Americans!  

drummerboy said:

nan said:

is there a rational alternative to voting blue no matter who?

nope.

Keep telling yourself that when Biden gets us into full scale war against Russia, China and Iran at the same time.  

I'll take the vaccine skeptic crypto guy over that.   

I still don't get how voting for Kennedy would make the next president's positions move closer to what Nan would wish. How does a Kennedy vote end up changing what Biden or Trump will do?

PVW said:

I still don't get how voting for Kennedy would make the next president's positions move closer to what Nan would wish. How does a Kennedy vote end up changing what Biden or Trump will do?

Well the uncommitted votes in the Democratic primary did rattle some cages.  I think the better question is how does a commitment to vote for any blue NO MATTER WHO give you any power whatsoever to influence what Biden does?  They know they already have you unconditionally--so why would they bother doing anything for you when they have donors who definitely make demands? 

nan said:

Well the uncommitted votes in the Democratic primary did rattle some cages.

sure it did. sure it did. it's already forgotten.

but does it bother you, at all, that RFK's plan is clearly to help Trump? It's certainly not to help you or the American people.

https://robertreich.substack.com/p/more-evidence-that-rfk-junior-is

The latest evidence comes from Rita Palma, Robert F. Kennedy Junior’s state director in New York. A few days ago, Palma told New York Republicans that putting Kennedy on the ballot there will help “get rid of Biden,” which she calls her “No. 1 priority,” and make it easier for Trump to win the historically Democratic state.

In a video of her meeting with New York Republicans, Palma says:

“The only way that Trump can even, remote possibility of taking New York is if Bobby is on the ballot. If it’s Trump vs. Biden, Biden wins. Biden wins six days, seven days a week. With Bobby in the mix, anything can happen. The only way for him, for Bobby, to shake it up and to get rid of Biden is if he’s on the ballot in every state, including New York.”

Palma includes a list of action items Republicans can use “to block Biden from winning the presidency.” Among them: “Collect signatures for Robert F. Kennedy Jr.,” “Go to Pennsylvania to help Trump,” and “Vote RFK Jr. for President!!”

nan said:

PVW said:

Well the uncommitted votes in the Democratic primary did rattle some cages.  I think the better question is how does a commitment to vote for any blue NO MATTER WHO give you any power whatsoever to influence what Biden does?  They know they already have you unconditionally--so why would they bother doing anything for you when they have donors who definitely make demands? 

Votes in the Democratic primary 1) happen prior to the general election and 2) are votes by Democrats. Voting for Kennedy, by.contrast, would happen in November so obviously can't influence either Biden or Trump's campaign.

As for voting blue NO MATTER WHO, the goal there is to prevent Trump from being president. If someone believes the differences between Trump and Biden are unimportant, all that tells us is that it is unimportant to them not unimportant objectively. For many people, things like safe and legal access to reproductive health care or avoiding the creation of a massive policy state with concentration camps for suspected "illegal" migrants are important issues.

nan said:

nohero said:

And crypto, too. 

Still less chance of nuclear war than the other two.   And he's thinking about regular Americans!  

Promoting crypto isn't "thinking about regular Americans", unless you're thinking of ways to fleece them.

The police state is already in its infancy in Florida. The next group of people to be arrested is the homeless. Concentration camps, so DeSantis can monitor them and keep them safe from the streets. Texas might follow suit also. 

As an example of things some people think matters, this is a result of Trump having won in 2016:

Nuclear deal in tatters, Iran edges close to weapons capability (NYT)

I know that for some people, such details as whether or not more countries acquire nuclear weapons is unimportant. For people who do find that sort of thing important, there's a clear difference between Trump returning the WH and being kept far away from it.

What do Kennedy supporters think Europeans will do if Trump pulls the US out of NATO? Japan? South Korea? Do they realize that a Trump restoration strongly pushes more countries to acquire nukes?

Well the people who are terrified of the mushroom cloud are voting for Kennedy. 

Jaytee said:

Well the people who are terrified of the mushroom cloud are voting for Kennedy. 

I think they're only terrified over American mushroom clouds, just at they're only oppose to wars they believe are American wars. They seem to be perfectly able to justify aggression, even nuclear aggression, if they believe it is in opposition to American power.

Radiation from a nuclear blast is actually proven to be harmful as opposed to an inactive virus in a vaccine that the body's immune system can spend a day learning about with minor aches and pains.

drummerboy said:

Palma includes a list of action items Republicans can use “to block Biden from winning the presidency.” Among them: “Collect signatures for Robert F. Kennedy Jr.,” “Go to Pennsylvania to help Trump,” and “Vote RFK Jr. for President!!”

Rita Palma was fired after she told GOP voters in a meeting last week that preventing President Joe Biden’s victory was her “number one priority “

Jaytee said:

Rita Palma was fired after she told GOP voters in a meeting last week that preventing President Joe Biden’s victory was her “number one priority “

Never say the quiet part out loud ...

drummerboy said:

R.F.K. Jr. Says Doctors Found a Dead Worm in His Brain

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/08/us/rfk-jr-brain-health-memory-loss.html?unlocked_article_code=1.qU0.loK8.SWqHtkvJYGtw&smid=url-share

But it was only fantasy
The wall was too high
As you can see
No matter how he tried
He could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!