Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Better against lefties, though.

bub said:

And he's batting 216.

.257 against the lefties. 

.333 with RISP. 

The camera caught Scherzer in the dugout before deGrom's first pitch. He looked as excited as the rest of us. Cool to see him being a fan. 

So far it's a classic deGrom game.  He's great, and we have two hits after 4 innings.

Has anyone ever calculated the collective ERA of whoever starts against deGrom?

mrincredible said:

Has anyone ever calculated the collective ERA of whoever starts against deGrom?

Approximately 0.75

Are you **** kidding me. 

ESPN headline says bullpen blows game.  How about scoring runs? Maybe that was part of it. Still, its just one game and we can win today.

They didn't seem into the game last night. A lot of bad ABs after the first inning. And I agree regarding Ruf. I would have preferred Wilmer. Davis for Ruf straight up would have been fine. Three young pitchers seems like a lot.

DanDietrich said:

ESPN headline says bullpen blows game.  How about scoring runs? Maybe that was part of it. Still, its just one game and we can win today.

It’s just the same old frickin story. Mets have the best pitcher in MLB right now and they turn into a high school team at the plate when he pitches. Cory Abbott?

RIO Vin Scully. I never got tired of listening to him. It was perfect that he was calling Game 6. 

DeGrom has to be laughing watching the game today.

DanDietrich said:

DeGrom has to be laughing watching the game today.

he does seem to have a sense of humor. 

Who wants to see Givens in against the Braves?

Yikes!

It was only one appearance.  Let's not kill him yet.  But maybe not a 2-1 game in the 8th.  

We all worry about the Braves.  How do you think their fans feel.  We have been 3 or so games up for a couple of weeks, and they have lost only 2 or 3 games that whole time.

You’re asking me to show empathy for Braves fans? I have one word: nuts.

mrincredible said:

You’re asking me to show empathy for Braves fans? I have one word: nuts.

between the fact that they couldn't sell out postseason games in the 90s and their current penchant for racist chants I'm going to have to give a hard pass to sympathy for Braves fans. 

I wasn't showing sympathy, for crying out loud.  My point is simply that nervous Mets fans are still in a better place than braves fans.

DanDietrich said:

I wasn't showing sympathy, for crying out loud.  My point is simply that nervous Mets fans are still in a better place than braves fans.

relax grin

We're just taking the opportunity to rag on Braves fans. 

40 years ago today, Joel Youngblood gets hits for two different teams in two different cities on the same day.

My contribution to the thread, ladies and gentlemen. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/joel-youngblood-two-hits-for-two-teams

He was my first favorite player. Now I look at his stats and they're not so great, but I thought he was phenomenal when I was young. 

jfinnegan said:

He was my first favorite player. Now I look at his stats and they're not so great, but I thought he was phenomenal when I was young. 

he had a couple of pretty good years. His stats from 1979-80 actually would look pretty good in 2022. Just like now, that was a fairly pitching dominant era.

They were talking the other day about guys who were traded and played with two teams in the same day.   I was surprised that they didn't mention Jose Cardenal being traded to the Mets between games of a doubleheader.   That was really weird!

I thought Youngblood was a really solid player.   

Who remembers the great Bruce Boisclair?

Went to see the Rumble Ponies play Somerset the other night. Got to see McCann, Baty, and Mauricio. Ponies won in extra innings!

My buddy and I were chatting and the question was: Name Your All-Time Mets Team By Position. 

Go.

1st base: Eddie Murray

2nd base: Jeff Kent

3rd base: Ty Wigginton

Ss: Kazuo Matsui

Catcher:Mackey Sasser

OF: Bobby Bonilla

OF: Kevin McReynolds

OF: Benny Agbayani

P: Tom Glavine

mrincredible said:

1st base: Eddie Murray

2nd base: Jeff Kent

3rd base: Ty Wigginton

Ss: Kazuo Matsui

Catcher:Mackey Sasser

OF: Bobby Bonilla

OF: Kevin McReynolds

OF: Benny Agbayani

P: Tom Glavine

You, sir, are suspended for the remainder of the season. 

Off to a fine start through three innings

That was one sweaty-**** win at the park tonight. Wouldn't have missed it. Hope a two out save doesn't take Diaz out of commission for too long. 

I was happy with that decision. He hadn't pitched in five days. I would think he'll be ok to go tomorrow. They really needed to make a move for a better reliever. Buck seems afraid to use anybody other than Ottavino and Diaz. Getting through the doubleheader should be interesting. I'm guessing he's savign Trevor WIlliams for that. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!