Worst Wordle Ever

mjc said:

Agree with KarenMarlowe - got it, but not that happy, esp. given i started with "sunny" today.

I like your haze counterprogramming.

So these were my last two days. Got them both,  but c'mon!  vampire

Luckiest Wordle ever.

Also got lucky today, Wordle-wise.  Lucky choice of first word, got it in 2, hardly ever happens : )

Took me five. I was sure I had it in two, but looked a lot like ml1's. Oh well... 

Made all the wrong guesses.  

I missed today - I had a 1 in 3 chance to get it one the 6th try - oh well.  I have been lucky lately, got it in 2 - 3 times in the past 2 weeks.

Today's Wordle is not so great.

sprout said:

Today's Wordle is not so great.

Thanks for the idea: I opened with a synonym for “not so great.” Narrowed it down to two words by Turn 3. (Of course I guessed the wrong one first.)

Yesterday’s word made a lot of my friends mad. I was lucky enough to guess it on the fifth try but there were a few more words I could have filled in. 

Today the word is common but interesting. 

mrincredible said:

Yesterday’s word made a lot of my friends mad. I was lucky enough to guess it on the fifth try but there were a few more words I could have filled in. 

Today the word is common but interesting. 

I got yesterday's in three: Yeast chide cower. Super lucky. Took me five today; not so lucky.

Yesterday’s answer was right there in front of us all along. 

“There was only one possible solution left — and this wasn’t it. (_____ is a valid guess, but it’s unlikely to be a solution based on what I’ve learned from playing Wordle.)”

If it was a valid guess, there wasn’t only one possiible solution, was there.

Hrumph.

I've gotten that Wordlebot response before. Less frequently lately, but I've guessed a few words that were not in the Wordle word set, but are real words.

Got yesterday's (party) in 2 guesses from my starting word 'sport'. Got today's in 4 guesses. 

Not sure what your incorrect real-word guess would be. Was it using all the correct letters?

Does anyone keep track of their average? I also play Worgle (6 letters). Oddly enough, my average for that is almost 1 better than my Wordle average. I do play it after Wordle each morning though. 

I just look at the little distribution chart that comes up at the end. Overall my goal is to solve the thing. Although it is satisfying to nail it in two. 

I’ve also started playing their Connections game. It’s fun and also good for the little grey cells. 

mrincredible said:

I just look at the little distribution chart that comes up at the end. Overall my goal is to solve the thing. Although it is satisfying to nail it in two. 

I’ve also started playing their Connections game. It’s fun and also good for the little grey cells. 

If you like Connections, go on YouTube and watch Only Connect, one of the toughest quiz shows ever made. The Connecting Wall round is Round 3, which the NY Times stole the idea for Connections.

DaveSchmidt said:

“There was only one possible solution left — and this wasn’t it. (_____ is a valid guess, but it’s unlikely to be a solution based on what I’ve learned from playing Wordle.)”

If it was a valid guess, there wasn’t only one possible solution, was there.

Hrumph.

From what I have learned, Wordle never uses words that end with the plural "s." As discussed earlier in this thread (people were angry), it is unusual for them to use past tense "d," but it has happened. 

My goal is more 3s than 5s.  I'm safely doing that now. 

Yay jeffl! 

My goal is a more modest more 4s than 5s, and more 3s than 6s.  The first is going well, the second is pretty much a tie : (.  I comfort myself with the fact that my first word is not very strategic, usually something to do with the coming day (hopefully something with maybe a T or an S and a couple of vowels).

I’m trying to maintain an average of 4.0 or lower but right now, 3 through 6 look like the fingers on my right hand. ;-)

I am trying to get more twos... a daunting task. But I am on a winning streak (probably to be broken tomorrow for speaking about it), since I abstained for the writer's strike. Fours are my sweet spot apparently.

My total games stat is wrong, as is my current streak, which should be about 30 games more.  The rest appears to be right. Think deleting some cookies may have been involved some month or two back. 

My main goal has been keeping 3s higher than 4s.

KarenMarlowe said:

From what I have learned, Wordle never uses words that end with the plural "s." As discussed earlier in this thread (people were angry), it is unusual for them to use past tense "d," but it has happened. 

Mine was neither, but I’ll wait till the day is over to reveal it.

dave said:

My total games stat is wrong, as is my current streak, which should be about 30 games more.  The rest appears to be right. Think deleting some cookies may have been involved some month or two back. 

I play on various different devices, and not all of them are logged into my NYT account. So I have a bunch of wins that aren't really recorded.

dave said:

Nice. I was just remarking that mine looks like Wordle is giving me the finger. 

I make it a point to use a different word every day to start with, usually out of the mini crossword for that morning. That has made for some pretty effed up plays. ;-)

PeterWick said: "Nice. I was just remarking that mine looks like Wordle is giving me the finger."

Peter, mine looks a lot like yours, and now i'm stuck with the image you suggested, an eye worm?  I'll try to think of it as looking like a glove?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.