The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

QB -2 and not looking good

It helped to be sitting on the sidewalk for three hours waiting for Broadway rush tickets. 

Today is one of those days where making it to Genius was a major struggle for me. 

alha said:

Today is one of those days where making it to Genius was a major struggle for me. 

I am struggling today.  The words are just not appearing.

yahooyahoo said:

alha said:

I just got genius, but it was not an easy climb. When I got the pangram, I was like, "duh!"

KarenMarlowe said:

yahooyahoo said:

alha said:

I just got genius, but it was not an easy climb. When I got the pangram, I was like, "duh!"

QB-2 at this point. I think I'm done. That was not easy.

yahooyahoo said:

KarenMarlowe said:

yahooyahoo said:

alha said:

QB-2 at this point. I think I'm done. That was not easy.

I'm six down. I'm good...

2 down (with hints as always), no pangram, no clue, spent way too much time...

KarenMarlowe said:

Same! It was the last word I got. Couldn’t believe it took me so long.

Just got QB.

Last word was a 4-letter stab that I looked up afterward and realized that I’ve heard of.

I got QB without hints today for the first time in a very long time. (I can get the QB using Buddy at least once a week).

I think I just run out of steam after 35-40 words most days, but today was the fewest words in the solution in a while, so I pushed through grin There was not a single word today that I was unfamiliar with.

Last word for me was a four-letter word that I should have got a lot sooner, given how frequently it's a word in SB. 

Also ended with a 4-letter word today (with hints, as usual).  Wonder if it was the same one for all of us.

QB today. It was relatively quick.

My last word was the longest in today's puzzle.

QB for me too but not a quick one...just made it to the finish line a moment ago  question

today was pretty quick. First QB in a while. My last word was a 5 letter word that I should have gotten a lot quicker. 

yahooyahoo said:

QB today. It was relatively quick.

My last word was the longest in today's puzzle.

this was the hint that got me to QB. 

Now that it's possible to play yesterday's Bee, will it be ok to reveal words from yesterday here?

mjc said:

Now that it's possible to play yesterday's Bee, will it be ok to reveal words from yesterday here?

I vote yes. 

If you're gonna play old puzzles, it is reasonable for all to expect that you not come here

jimmurphy said:

I vote yes. 

If you're gonna play old puzzles, it is reasonable for all to expect that you not come here

I vote yes too for the same reason

Agreed. I hate the new way. I liked just seeing what I missed and moving on to the new one. 

Nankeen. 

My only miss. Wasn’t ever gonna find that.

“Nankeen is a kind of pale yellowish cloth originally made in Nanjing, China from a yellow variety of cotton, but subsequently manufactured from ordinary cotton that is then dyed” (Wikipedia)

jimmurphy said:

Nankeen. 

“Nankeen is a kind of pale yellowish cloth originally made in Nanjing, China from a yellow variety of cotton, but subsequently manufactured from ordinary cotton that is then dyed” (Wikipedia)

I went to the Buddy at -4 after hitting the wall and got a couple I would have probably eventually got (akin and kiddie). But there was no way in a million years I'd get "nankeen" and I didn't realize "kinda" is actually an acceptable SB word.

jimmurphy said:

Nankeen. 

I was down to QB -1 and nankeen was the missing word.  I had to look it up.

jimmurphy said:

Nankeen. 

same here for "nankeen" ... no way was I ever going to get that one...but can't lay all the blame on "nankeen" because I also missed the "deke" family of 3

It was nankeen and kinda for me.

QB today. First time in quite a while...

KarenMarlowe said:

QB today. First time in quite a while...

Congrats! I'm stuck at QB-3 and just not seeing any more words

When I saw the word count for today, I knew I had a fighting chance ... sure enough, just got QB  question...

alha said:

When I saw the word count for today, I knew I had a fighting chance ... sure enough, just got QB 
question

Congratulations! I have quite a number to go, but I hope to get there.

I am -1 at this point. I'll leave it for a while and go back.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.