MOL- In Search Of

Thanks for the offer - I have the bed - just wanted to raise off the floor a little

Hi,

I'm ISO a sturdy bookcase.  No pref wood v metal, nor height or width.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

With a great deal of help, I recently got my first smart phone up and running.  Everything seems ok so far.  Yesterday I went to a park in Monmouth Cty., using the phone as a GPS, it worked well.  I found that I need a device to hold it in place while driving.

My phone is a Moto 4G (Android).  Does anyone have one available?  

Thasnks

Apollo_T said:

Hi,

With a great deal of help, I recently got my first smart phone up and running.  Everything seems ok so far.  Yesterday I went to a park in Monmouth Cty., using the phone as a GPS, it worked well.  I found that I need a device to hold it in place while driving.

My phone is a Moto 4G (Android).  Does anyone have one available?  

Thasnks

I have an extra windshield mount phone holder that fits any phone that you can have. Only thing is, I'm in Jersey City. If you're going to be in the area, you're welcome to it.

Hi T.  (Are we related?)

Thanks for your kind offer.  I don’t expect to be in JC any time soon.  I’ll contact if that changes.

Amazon has a bunch of car phone mounts. I bought this one recently and it's fine. It clamps on to an AC vent and adjusts to a huge range of phone sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073R68TSH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Funny, I paid $14.99 a few months ago and it's now being sold for $6.99.

Thanks.  I thought these are more expensive.  I,ll go shopping soon.

We're looking for hair rollers, either the soft kind or the hard plastic kind, for my daughter's Halloween costume (not that she is going trick-or-treating, but we're still dressing up at home).  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

RichardR said:

We're looking for hair rollers, either the soft kind or the hard plastic kind, for my daughter's Halloween costume (not that she is going trick-or-treating, but we're still dressing up at home).  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

If you can’t find them here I think I once bought them in the dollar store. (Long ago tossed or id offer them up.)

Thanks for the tip!

shh said:

If you can’t find them here I think I once bought them in the dollar store. (Long ago tossed or id offer them up.)

I’ve seen them at the dollar store sort of near Walgreen’s on Springfield Avenue. 

Does anyone have a computer monitor they are not using?  The screen on my son's Chromebook died this afternoon, and we're hoping to be able to hook up an external monitor through the HDMI port to get him through the rest of the school year.  Thanks.

RichardR said:

Does anyone have a computer monitor they are not using?  The screen on my son's Chromebook died this afternoon, and we're hoping to be able to hook up an external monitor through the HDMI port to get him through the rest of the school year.  Thanks.

I fix up older computers to give to kids for free. I’m sure I have an appropriate monitor for you. I’ll PM you. 

And if any MOLers are aware of others in need of computers, please contact me. 

Thanks to Metaphysician, my son is all set up with his new monitor and ready for school tomorrow!   

Hi,

I'm ISO a laser pointer-light color not important. 

Thanks so much

Apollo,

I have one.  I use it regularly, but if you only need it for a couple of days, I can drop it off at your house (pls PM the address to me)

Thanks Tomcat!!!

I do only need one for a few days- BUT, I don't know which days.  I'll contact you when I have a date set.  that is IF I haven't pcked one permanently.

Does anyone have an older Soda Stream that they are no longer using?  My kids are obsessed with seltzer, and this seems like a renewable way to have it. 

I work with a refugee resettlement program, Interfaith-RISE, by providing and repairing computer equipment. I'm currently looking for laptops for 3 young women pursuing higher education. If anyone has any laying around to donate, they'd be greatly appreciated.  I'll wipe them clean, after retrieving any data you may want to keep. 

I'm also offering computers and repairs for anyone who lost theirs to the floods

Either way, please feel free to PM me.

Meta I sent you a PM.

metaphysician said:

I work with a refugee resettlement program, Interfaith-RISE, by providing and repairing computer equipment. I'm currently looking for laptops for 3 young women pursuing higher education. If anyone has any laying around to donate, they'd be greatly appreciated.  I'll wipe them clean, after retrieving any data you may want to keep. 

I'm also offering computers and repairs for anyone who lost theirs to the floods

Either way, please feel free to PM me.

I'm looking for moving boxes for my daughter who's moving. I'm happy to come pick them up for her anytime. PM me or post here.

Thanks. 

As many of you know, I’ve been rehabbing computers for years to give to those who need them, for free.

I’m currently working with a church in Orange to provide computers for seniors, who’ll be given a one week class for beginners. After that, I’ll set them up in their homes.

If any of you have older computers tucked away in dark corners or hiding in closets, I’d be happy to give them a new home. I’ll retrieve any data for you, and wipe the drives clean. Any parts that can’t be used will go to electronics recycling.

Laptops or desktops, monitors, keyboards, mice, whatever you’ve got.

The only restriction: Windows 7 or newer. Older machines just can’t be upgraded enough to cope with modern usage.

I’ll pick them up at your convenience. Just PM me. Thanks!

I'm looking for a working DISCMAN, i.e., a portable CD player. Somebody has to have one lying around. 

Thanks.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I'm looking for a working DISCMAN, i.e., a portable CD player. Somebody has to have one lying around. 

Thanks.

Asking again. These things were ubiquitous for a few years. Is there one at the bottom of an old toy chest or in the back of a closet? Thanks. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Asking again. These things were ubiquitous for a few years. Is there one at the bottom of an old toy chest or in the back of a closet? Thanks. 

Your best bet might be to hit up a rummage sale. Bet there were a dozen of them at Morrow Turnover in June/July!

In search of some leftover usable Rustoleum paint (in a can).

I am about to repaint the inside of my metal medicine cabinet, and don't need much. I prefer a white or beige, but probably could use any color. (I'll get some at HD if no one responds, but figured I'd try to find a leftover bit first.)

Hi,

I just got a new iPad 9 and need to add a bluetooth keyboard.  I saw the type that apple has for use with a desktop.  This would be suitable for my limited needs.  If you’ve replaced an old working one I can use it.

Thanks

Apollo_T said:

Hi,

I just got a new iPad 9 and need to add a bluetooth keyboard.  I saw the type that apple has for use with a desktop.  This would be suitable for my limited needs.  If you’ve replaced an old working one I can use it.

Thanks

You don't need to spend Apple money on a keyboard. Logitech makes excellent bluetooth keyboards. I have several of these and they're great. I like them better than Apple keyboards. If you buy a non-Apple keyboard, make sure you get a model with the keys configured for Mac use, like this one. (Unless you're accustomed to the Windows keyboard.)

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Multi-Device-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B0876MVKQC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2AD5KBCWY5RI2&keywords=logitech%2Bbluetooth%2Bkeyboard%2Bfor%2Bmac&qid=1681940439&sprefix=logitech%2Bbluetooth%2Bkeyboard%2Bfor%2Bmac%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-3&th=1

If you like a big keyboard with a numeric keypad, I can give you this one. I bought it because I wanted an illuminated keypad, but it's too big for my space. 

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Advanced-Illuminated-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B082TSD2W5/ref=sr_1_8?crid=ECLP3EHE1OYH&keywords=logitech%2Bbluetooth%2Bkeyboard%2Bfor%2Bipad&qid=1681939925&sprefix=logitech%2Bbluetooth%2Bkeyboard%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-8&th=1

Do you intend to buy a folio? (A case for both the iPad and the keyboard that holds the iPad upright while you're typing.) If so, that's a different conversation.

Hi kthnry,

This is my third iPad and will be my third bluetooth keyboard+case.  The first 2 were cheap way-off-off brands that functioned well enough for me.  So I’m thinking of going in that direction again.  What I saw yesterday reminded me of an ultra small/thin KB that Apple had on display near their computers, at least 5 yrs ago.  I thought it was too small for me (at a desktop).  My first iPad cured me of that thinking.

I’m typing this post on my second cheapo kb/case bought late 2017- that means I’ve gotten 5+ yrs out of a ~$30 item.  It’s a Fintie; they’re showing a current model with a couple of extras for ~$40.  I think I’ll just go with that.

Thanks for your time, thoughts and kind offer,

Apollo T.

Anyone have a camp stove that they are no longer using?  We're gearing up for Spring camping season and are looking for one. We'd also appreciate any recommendations or opinions of what you like or what to avoid. Thanks!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.