2020 Candidates

Hey! Watch it, Bub!  smile 

The right candidate will make it medicare for all!

This is as good a place as any to make a comment that ageism is now really strongly entrenched in discussions of who should be running for president. 

mrincredible said:
This is as good a place as any to make a comment that ageism is now really strongly entrenched in discussions of who should be running for president. 

I'm not particularly young myself.  What I am sick of is old people fighting yesterday's battles.  That old toad McConnell is a prime example.

I think it is a legitimate concern, not so much about competency but the risk of someone Biden's age having a health issue during the campaign. That would be the news until the end and benefit the other side. Trump, for all of his issues, seems to be healthy.

Sure, younger people get sick every day, but there's a greater risk with some of these folks. 

I certainly understand the argument about health. But you could also make a counter argument that those extra years can add some wisdom and perspective. 

I may just be overly sensitive to it, since I'm now 51 and wonder about my own hireability should I need to find a new job. It's an automatic strike against me... I'm more likely to have a health issue than a 35 year old.

mrincredible said:
I certainly understand the argument about health. But you could also make a counter argument that those extra years can add some wisdom and perspective. 
I may just be overly sensitive to it, since I'm now 51 and wonder about my own hireability should I need to find a new job. It's an automatic strike against me... I'm more likely to have a health issue than a 35 year old.

Take heart.  When you turn 70, you can become a boorish, ignorant, unhealthy pig of a man and run for President.

Vote for the person you think is best for the job.  Ruling someone out because of his age is just plain old fashioned thinking.  

Bloomberg is the only one who can take on the real enemy of America.

Big Gulps.

I pointed out Julian Castro last year. I've been watching him and although I like him I haven't seen him tackle enough issues to get a sense of his political skill. Certain politicians like Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden and Sherrod Brown, are very at ease in interviews and very forthcoming so I get a better sense of them. Castro is more reserved and quiet. I lean towards impassioned orators.

I miss Obama.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.